Omega Nutrition Center: The Best Masticating Juicer To Buy
In our home, we use our Omega Masticating Juicer almost every day. I say almost only because we like to alternate throughout the week between juicing with our Omega and blending smoothies with our Vitamix.
We feel the Omega brand, whatever model you choose, will always provide you with the best masticating juicer to buy because of a couple really simple facts: first, the juice you get from it is among the highest quality you can get out of any juicer, period. And second, you won’t break the bank to do so.
The model we currently use, the Omega NC800 Nutrition Center, we’ve owned for over five years now and it hasn’t skipped a beat.
In the past, we’d gone through a handful of more “economical juicers” like Juiceman, Breville, and Jack LaLanne, but none of them ever rendered the quality and consistency that our Omega delivers. They’re the type of juicers that automatically come to mind for many people, a type of juicers called centrifugal juicers.
While we did get a decently good quality juice from those machines, it’s when we made the switch to a masticating juicer that our eyes were opened up to the differences it can have on your health.
So what’s the difference when it comes to a masticating vs. centrifugal juicer?
In addition, with centrifugal juicers, a higher proportion on the nutritional value of your final juicing product is “oxidized away” from the heat of the high-speeds involved.
Here’s why you should choose a masticating juicer.
Working at slower speeds, masticating juicers always yield a higher quality juice. That’s the most important point. In addition, they also:
- Produce more juice (15-20% more than centrifugal juicers) and leave you with a dryer pulp
- Retain optimal nutritional values from the raw fruits and veggies being used
- Minimize oxidation levels, preserving the important enzymes and nutrients found in the food
- Give the juice a fresher flavor as a result of maintaining lower oxidation levels
- Can also juice wheatgrass (which has amazing health benefits), something not capable with a centrifugal juicer
- Are much quieter and easier to clean up than centrifugal juicers
- Will save you more money by reducing the amount of food waste
It’s beneficial to make the investment.
At first, when compared to those more “economical” centrifugal juicers out there, it might seem like a bigger financial investment. It is. A masticating juicer will generally cost you around double the price. Before we ever bought our Omega Juicer, the most we had ever spent was about a $120. And we thought that was high!
But when you realize all the benefits that a masticating juicer like the Omega can provide, along with the other functions it can serve, from juicing wheatgrass to making homemade nut butters, pasta, and more, it will pay for itself a hundred times over.
Just think about the wheatgrass for a moment. Wheatgrass juicers are typically sold on average anywhere from $50 to $150. With an Omega Juicer, there’s absolutely no need to make that extra purchase.
It makes much more sense to have one machine that can do it all, no?
Our recommended model: The Omega NC800 Nutrition Center
If you’re committed for the long-term investment into your family’s health, this is definitely the way to go. We’ve had our Omega Juicer for almost five years now and it’s built so well that it’s worked the same as when we first opened it up. No leaks, broken parts, burned-out motor issues, etc…
There are definitely other masticating juicers out there to choose from, but we recommend the Omega brand, and in particular this model, not only because of it’s durability, reputation, and 15-Year Manufacturer Warranty, but because we sincerely just want you to make the right financial investment for the right machine just one time.
That old saying is true: you get what you pay for. You buy this once and it will last you a very long time.
It worked out for us. It can for you too 🙂
Here’s a quick rundown of what the Omega NC800 Nutrition Center offers.
- The Omega juices at low speeds of 80 RPM minimizing heat build-up and oxidation
- It has a “Dual Stage” masticating extraction system that forces produce into a tight chamber, grinding and pressing the food to squeeze out the juice from items as fine as wheatgrass and other leafy vegetables
- With this machine, you can also make all-natural nut butters (and milks), baby food, grind coffee, make homemade pasta, as well as a variety of other healthy snacks
- 5 Adjustable settings for maximum juice output
- Continuous juicing with automatic pulp ejection (you don’t have to open the machine to get rid of built up pulp)
- Larger feed chute (compared to 8000series)
- Built-In Handle
- Quiet Operation
- 15-Year Warranty
Don’t let the initial sticker price scare you out of it. It will pay for itself in no time by optimizing your food costs and reducing food waste.
Amazon tends to have the best prices year-round, plus their return policy is super simple if you don’t like it. But don’t worry… You’ll love it!
Cheers to your health!
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them below! We’d love to continue the conversation!