Why a Vitamix Blender is the Best Blender to Buy!
It’s a rare day in our house if you don’t hear the sweet “music” of our Vitamix Blender at work, whether it’s making a delicious smoothie, protein shake, homemade nut butter, sorbet, or a quick and easy tasty soup (hot or cold).
The Vitamix is the best blender to buy because it can handle virtually any task and it keeps on performing at optimum levels for years and years. We still have our original Vitamix 5200 that we purchased almost ten years ago. And it still works like a champ!
We’ve tried a bunch of the more “economical” blenders in the past, but none of them render the quality and consistency that our Vitamix delivers. No matter what ingredients we throw in there, from whole kale leaves (including their hearty stems) to frozen blackberries (with those pesky seeds), we get delicious, ultrasmooth, and creamy results. You simply don’t get any seedy or leafy textures. It’s really amazing. You get what you pay for, I guess.
So what can a Vitamix blender do?
A Vitamix blender can perform a whole slew of tasks…
- Smoothies and Juices
- Baby Food
- Grated Cheese
- Flours and Doughs
- Pancake Batter
- Non-Dairy Milks
- Hot Soups
- Frozen Desserts
- Dressings and Sauces
- Dips and Spreads
Getting the picture here? 🙂
A Vitamix can actually save you lots of money!
Aside from the obvious health benefits of making your own food from scratch with quality ingredients, you’ll be able to help your pockets at the same time.
Here’s an example…
Take for instance that typical “smoothie shop” that we all see at the mall near the food courts.
If you buy a spinach, kiwi, banana, and strawberry smoothie, for example, you’ll probably spend about $8. That sounds fair, right?
So for $8, you are essentially buying a smoothie for yourself. Nobody else. Also, do you think that the fruits and vegetables they’re using are organic/Non-GMO/pesticide free?
Odds are they’re not, unless it’s an organic shop. In that instance, you’re going to probably pay more than $8.
For that same amount of money, wouldn’t it be a better idea to buy the ingredients yourself, fresher and organic? Then make the same smoothie with your Vitamix in a matter of minutes at home, that you can feed not only yourself, but your whole family too?
It’s not rocket science.
Before you know it, it will become so easy and addicting that you’ll be creating your very own recipes on a daily basis, while at the same time, educating other family members, especially the kids, into a healthier lifestyle.
There are lots of Vitamix models to choose from.
You can search for yourself online and you’ll see lot’s of choices. You have to ask yourself a few questions:
- What do I need it for? (What functionality does it have?)
- Who do I need it for? (Just myself? My whole family?)
- How many people will I be preparing foods for at one time? (Smaller portions or larger?)
- What am I willing to spend for my well-being? (Am I scared of the cost of investment?)
- Will I save money in the future by creating healthier homemade meals? (Can I use that money towards other things I and/or my family needs?)
It’s all a matter of your own personal situation and what you’re willing to invest into your family’s health.
Our recommended model: Vitamix 750 Professional Heritage G-Series.
This has essentially every function you’ll ever need. It’s super sleek and has got a ton of awesome features. Here’s a basic rundown…
- New Sound Dampening Technology, Sturdy and Tough Metal Housing, and an Improved Container Seal
- It’s Low-Profile 64-ounce Container is perfect for an assortment of family meals and entertaining, while fitting comfortably under most household overhead kitchen cabinets
- Automated Blending with Pre-Programmed Settings – Five pre-programmed settings that ensure simple cleaning, walk-away convenience, and consistent results for smoothie, frozen desserts, soups, and puree recipes
- Pulse feature, where you can layer coarse chops over smooth purees for heartier recipes like chunky salsas or thick veggie soups
- Choose from 10 Different Speeds on the speed selector with a simple to touch to blend at the perfect speed for your meal
- Comes Packed with an “Introduction to High Performance Blending” Recipe Cookbook and a Low-Profile Tamper
- Getting Started DVD + QuickStart Guide
- Engineered to last ten times longer than its competitors
- BPA-free co-polyester carafe is lightweight and shatterproof for safety
- Laser-cut hardened stainless-steel blades
- 7-year manufacturer’s warranty
Cleanup is super easy.
With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix 750 can clean itself in 30 seconds. Occasionally, we’ll also run it for another 30 with some warm water and a splash of white vinegar to sanitize it as well.
Heck, it’s even got a Pre-Programmed Cleaning Setting!
Make the right decision for your home.
If you’ve read this far, it seems you’re pretty serious about whether or not to add a Vitamix blender to your own home. And you’re contemplating on whether or not to move forward.
At first it might seem like a big financial investment. It is. No doubt about it. Before we ever bought our first Vitamix we never spent more than $50-60 on a damn blender!
Then when we came across a Vitamix presentation at our local supermarket and we were simply blown away at what it was capable of. At the time, to get it we had to spend around $500. Did you hear me? $500!
But we realized that the investment we were making was not only a financial investment, but rather a huge investment in our long-term health. And that’s what sold us.
We’ve had our original Vitamix for almost ten years now and it hasn’t skipped a beat. It’s paid for itself a thousand times over. All with no leaks, broken blades, burned-out motor issues, etc. Our original machine works the same today as it did almost ten years ago.
That $500 we originally spent divided by ten years turns out to be essentially $50/year. Breaking it down further, it’s cost us basically a little over $4/month!!!
Remember that $8 smoothie example? What does that tell you?
You make the decision. Don’t let the initial sticker price scare you out of it. Amazon tends to have the best prices year-round, plus their return policy is super simple if you don’t like it.
But don’t worry… You’ll love it!
Cheers to your health!
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them below! We’d love to continue the conversation!